Thursday, April 21, 2005

I (don't) have a dream!

This article (unfortunately, it's in Italian, although I don't think it will be hard to read) deals with a "dream-bridge" to connect Ancona (Italy) to Zadar (Croatia). For those of you who are completely technologically stoned, this project, whether made, would be a dream.
For me, it's a nightmare, right at the very beginning: it's the idea to try to pass by the nature, to avoid those beautiful sensation of being "shared and united by the sea", of watching the sea and thinking that, beyond it, on the other side, somebody is feeling the same sensations. That's what I felt my first (and last, till now) time in Croatia. It was as if they were cousins, much more similar to me than the people from Bologna, Milan, or even Jesi (!). The sea unites the people which divides, my ancestors used to say.

So, please, let these engineers keep their dream for themselves: I prefer to dream watching the Adriatic from the top of Monte Conero...


Click here to enlarge.

No comments: